Asylum Consulting is a Hollywood based company providing year round consulting and production services to individuals and theater companies from around the world.
Asylum provides an array of services including consulting, production management, budgeting, booking a venue, coordinating public relations and creating a social media plan.
One of our specialties is the Hollywood Fringe Festival and have specific promotional packages available to all Hollywood Fringers.
Asylum Consulting has well established relationships with directors, designers, arts industry people and influencers as well as relationships with other venues in the Hollywood/ Los Angeles area, San Francisco, San Diego, Chicago and New York.
WHAT SETS US APART FROM THE REST
- 22 YEARS OF PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT, VENUE MANAGEMENT AND PUBLICITY & MARKETING EXPERIENCE.
- 13 YEARS OF FRINGE FESTIVAL MANAGEMENT.
- UNIQUE INSIGHT INTO THE LOS ANGELES THEATER ENVIRONMENT AS WELL AS TO THE HOLLYWOOD FRINGE COMMUNITY .
- CONNECTIONS WITH OTHER CITIES THROUGH VENUES AND FESTIVALS.
WHAT WE DO
We realize how challenging it is to produce a show in the Hollywood Fringe Festival. We want to share our knowledge and provide a wide range of consulting and production services which we can customize to your particular needs.
- Finding a Venue: We have over 22 years of experience running different venues. We know the questions to ask and will help you get the best deal.
- Dealing with Equity: We can answer your questions or do the work to find the answers.
- Insurance: What you will need and where to find it at a fair price.
- Budgets: We will work with you to create a realistic budget of your costs and risks.
- Crewing Up: We can help you find the right crew including directors, set-designers, writers, actors and line producers at a price that will fit your budget.
- PR Design: From postcards to banners, we’ll help you find a designer and work out your design and copywriting.
- Marketing: We can do the marketing for you, help you do it yourself, or become your publicist or help find you a publicist for your specific needs.
- Ticket Service: There are several choices from full service to discount sites.
- Trouble Shooting / Problem Solving
PUBLICITY MANAGEMENT SERVICES (PR)
- Assist in creating your Press Release that will make you stand-out from the crowd.
- Email press and industry contacts.
- Submission to show postings on theater industry websites and show appropriate calendars.
- Social Media postings: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Strategize with you on ways to get press and audiences to come see your show.
- Create a Press Packet.
- Identify and contact your target press / partners / producers
- Plan Tours / Other LA Venues / Other Cities / Fringes
FESTIVALS, EVENTS, WORKSHOPS & PANELS
- Run Festivals and Special Events (for example: The Encore Awards)
- Produced the extension of over 300 shows throughout the Hollywood Fringe
- Highlighting over 150 shows at the Hollywood Fringe (Pick of the Fringe)
- Workshops in Production, Directing, Stage Management, Social Media, How to Tour Panels
HOLLYWOOD FRINGE 2020 (HFF20) PACKAGES
Now in its 11th Year, the Hollywood Fringe Festival (HFF) arrives in June, bringing with it over 400 shows in 50 venues. It has grown every year and provides an amazing environment for productions. Doing a Production in the HFF is normally less costly than a regular production run. There has been growing exposure for productions. Producers are visiting the HFF from other cities including New York.
HFF20 PRODUCTION/PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE (INCLUDED WITH ALL ASYLUM RENTERS)
- PR/Social Media Plan: We incorporate all of our shows and our venues (last year there were 84 shows in 8 venues throughout Hollywood) in our Eblasts, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram which goes to over 10,000 patrons! This is part of the Asylum Online Community.
- Lanyards for you and your team, which will identify you as an Asylum participant so you can fill those empty seats for each others’ shows.
- A separate Asylum Guide featuring all the shows in the Asylum family.
- Weekly PR/Production meetings starting in late March/ early April we meet to discuss production/marketing strategies, network with each other and meet fellow Asylumers in all the different venues.
- Display your poster and postcards on Santa Monica Blvd.
- Access to our Google File with updated information, budget, timeline, pr tips and much more.
- Access to the Asylum Community Facebook Page.
- A budget template, publicity guide, and timeline.
- This package is included if you rent an Asylum venue otherwise the cost for non-Asylum renters is $150.
HFF20 - ASYLUM BOOKING PACKAGE
- Venue Packet which included information photos of the venue and pricing will be available November 1.
- Packages for show dates as well as individual slots.
- Tech Time in our venues are twice the length of Show
- We offer deep discounts for rehearsal, audition and tech rehearsals
- We offer Insurance coverage
- The Tech Staff Is paid independently from this packages.
FIND ADDITIONAL HFF20 ASYLUM INFORMATION HERE
PLEASE NOTE: THE HFF2020 PRODUCTION AND PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE CAN BE PURCHASED BY INDIVIDUAL/GROUPS EVEN IF YOU DON’T BOOK (RENT) AN ASYLUM VENUE.
- 1200+ SHOWS PRESENTED IN LOS ANGELES & SAN FRANCISCO.
- 700+ SHOWS PRESENTED DURING THE HOLLYWOOD FRINGE
- 300+ ENCORE EXTENSIONS
HOW WE WORK
We are happy to take on any size project. After an initial free consultation, if you decide you would like to hire us, we’ll discuss and agree on the key areas where you need our services and support. Based on that, we will provide you with our fee/payment terms.
Once a package is designed and a price is agreed upon, payment is usually made upfront. Depending on the timing and scope of the project, a payment schedule or box office split may be included
While we will always work to give you a fair and practical budget and risk assessment, Asylum is not responsible for any of your costs or losses.
Depending on the project and how well defined your goals and needs are, we can start with a consultation. Depending on the scope of your needs, we can then provide you with a proposed next steps.
Read more about how we work.
WHAT OUR SERVICES DON’T INCLUDE
There are some things that we can not help you with. We do not offer financial support or investment in your production. As a small company, we very much depend on getting paid for our services. We don’t have the resources/cash flow to invest financially in collaborations, cover project costs/expenses, take on financial risk, or work on a box office split or commission basis in lieu of our fees.
HOW DO WE GET STARTED?
We are happy to take on any size project. We can start with an initial free consultation where we will discuss and agree on the key areas where you need our services and support. Depending on the scope of the project and how well defined your goals and needs are, we can provide you with a proposal on the next steps, price and payment terms.
So please feel free to contact us with any questions or if you want to set up a meeting.
Matthew Quinn, Consulting Producer
Bertha Rodriguez, PR Manager/Researcher